This information is designed to provide answers to common questions about the 2G conversion
happening soon at Union Wireless. Information is subject to change without notice.
The turndown and elimination of outdated technology to improve the services available to all Union customers.
Eliminating the 2G band increases the bandwidth and capacity for high-speed data (commonly referred to as 3G, 4G, and LTE).
The change will increase the communication quality and speed for all of our customers, improving your wireless experience.
The process has already begun. Cellular carriers around the world are turning down their 2G networks to expand their
high-speed data network capabilities. You may have already discovered reduced service when you go to places such as Salt Lake City and Denver.
We are making the transition as quickly as resources and weather conditions allow,
and our target date for completion is the end of this year. The sooner you update your 2G only device, the sooner you will be able to enjoy the expanded service.
Upgrading the Union network will provide improved data speeds that will enhance the experience for all Union customers.
If you are currently on a 2G only plan, you will need to upgrade to a current service offering that will optimize your experience in the following ways:
• Unlimited Talk and Text
• Better experience on the data network with improved speeds
However, if you are currently on any other plan, no change is needed.
Union service no longer requires a contract. However, current service offerings may benefit you in multiple ways and you would
need to sign an updated Terms and Conditions agreement accepting Union Wireless service.
If your current device supports high-speed data, then you are already using a device that is optimized for this network upgrade. Incompatible devices will not work on the upgraded network. However, we have many options to help you purchase a high-speed data capable device that will optimize your experience. Those options are:
• Equipment Installment Plans – pay for your device over 24 monthly installments.
• Purchase a device outright – we have a wide range of devices available for your lifestyle and budget.
• Purchase a device from a 3rd party or vendor.
If I purchase a device from a 3rd party or vendor, what specifications should I be looking for?
For a device to work on the Union Wireless network, it must be:
• GSM capable like AT&T and T-Mobile, not CDMA like Verizon. However, some Verizon devices may be GSM capable such as their iPhone 6. It is recommended to check compatibility. GSM devices can typically be identified as those requiring the use of SIM cards.
• Able to support high-speed data access technology such as: HSDPA, HSPA+, UMTS, or WCDMA.
• Able to support both the 850 MHz and 1900 MHz frequency bands.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Customer Care at: 1-888-926-CARE (2273).